[TenTec] Off center knobs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Off center knobs
From: DennisKT5D@aol.com (DennisKT5D@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 21 21:49:20 2003
  I don't usually say anything about issues like this but this time I will.

  I bought a new OMNI 6+ in 11-01, loaded with filters along with a power
supply, desk mic, and later a matching speaker. The total was well over $4,000.
got a radio with a wobbly encoder main tuning knob (obviously the most used
one on the rig),  a mic jack not centered (rotated slightly askew), and a
molding defect on the rubber grip ring around the main tuning knob (pretty bad
pucker where the injection wasn't complete in the die). Did I mention this is a
$4000 radio?
  I tolerated the encoder wobble for about two months and tried to ignore the
other things before returning it to TT for a replacement encoder and, by the
way guys, straighten that mic jack while you're in there. They did straighten
the mic jack but I got another wobbly encoder shaft on the main tuning knob. I
did not try for the best one-out-of-three.
  I have owned Ten Tec gear since buying a PM2A in 1972. I have had several
Argonauts and an Argosy. I really like how Ten Tec gear performs BUT man do I
ever wish they could put it all together on fit and finish.