[TenTec] Eccentric Knobs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Eccentric Knobs
From: n9dg@yahoo.com (Duane Grotophorst)
Date: Wed May 21 23:50:59 2003

Roger, K9RB wrote:

"I rotated the tuning knob on every Ten-Tec at the
show and every one had an eccentric knob."

Y'know if there were more visionary thinking out there
in hamdom there wouldn't be all this hoopla about
knobs and analog S meters. I find both to be
increasingly inefficient and awkward to use. And to
then draw pictures of analog S meters on a tiny radio
screen is just plain silly. To put that same radio
screen on big computer monitor doesn't really add much
either. Give me a computer monitor or 2 with a
PSK31-like waterfall display and a mouse to
point/click on the display to tune around the band
with. I find that approach soooo much easier and
intuitive to use. But then I've allowed myself to
think outside of the traditional radio box.

On the other hand I'm pretty sure that there are many
on this email list who already think that I'm an
"eccentric knob" myself ;).

Duane
N9DG