[TenTec] DC Power Supply Backup

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] DC Power Supply Backup
From: wa2pvk@msn.com (WILLIAM MANSEY)
Date: Wed May 21 21:59:12 2003
Hello Everyone,
    I am writing this as a follow-up to my previous post about batteries.
The batteries I have are Power Sonic PS-12750 Gel Cells.  They are 12 volts
at 75 Amp/hours.  The following is a direct quote from the data sheet I got
with them.  I QUOTE:

CHARGING:
Cycle Applications:  Limit initial current to 15A.  Charge until battery
voltage (under charge) reaches 14.40 to 14.70 volts until current drops to
approximately 750ma.  Battery is fully charged under these conditions and
charger should either be disconnected or switched to "float" voltage.

"Float" or "Stand-by Service": hold battery across constant voltage source
of 13.50 to 13.80 volts continuously.  When held at this voltage the battery
will seek its own current level and maintain itself in a fully charged
condition.
END QUOTE

These batteries are sealed and unless something catastrophic happens they
will not release any gases.  In THAT event I do not think that gases would
be my primary concern however!  :-)

If in doubt - - - PLEASE get information concerning your type of battery
before "assuming" anything.  Hope this helps.  73, Bill