[TenTec] Power Supply Damage Control

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Power Supply Damage Control
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Thu May 22 15:15:43 2003
>Most times, Astrons use the ancient LM-723 voltage regulator chip.

Before I improved the station/house grounding here, that 723 chip
would be the 'sacrifice' during surges and such ... to the point of I
put a socket in the Astrons supplies so I could R&R the chip quickly,
and kept a few extra chips in yee olde junkbox on hand here.

After doing the station grounding 'right' <single point/etc.> I have not
had a problem in MANY years.

The Astrons have done well here, and the 723 chip failures were related
to my poor station design at the time, and not their power supply design.

73 Billy AA4NU