[TenTec] Omni VI with option 1 versus IC-746

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI with option 1 versus IC-746
From: chip.pardini@sbcglobal.net (Chip Pardini)
Date: Wed May 28 21:26:57 2003
I am just getting back into HAM radio after 25 years of inactivity. I am
trying to decide between an IC-746 and the Ten Tec OMNI VI with option 1.
The 746 includes the 9MHz 1.8 SSB filter and the 250 Hz CW filter options. I
am primarily a SSB operator with limited CW skills after all these years. I
do plan to use a Command Technology 1250 Amp. Am I being smart looking at
these rigs versus something newer like the K2 or the Juipter??? In any event
I welcome input, bias opinions etc.

Best 73's

Chip