[TenTec] Fw: The New Icom 7800

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: The New Icom 7800
From: wa2pvk@msn.com (WILLIAM MANSEY)
Date: Thu May 29 15:36:31 2003
    Some people swear by Icom and while some people swear AT Icom! (and similar
rigs of the Yaecomwood variety)  I see this as another case of competition
being good for everyone.  I have HAD my share of Yaecomwood rigs but now my
shack has only Ten-Tec rigs.  That is MY preference.  I am sure that there are
plenty of shacks with nothing but the "other" rigs and many with some
combination.  This is good also.
    My reason for not spending that much money on one of "those" is based on
history lessons.  Look at the introductory prices for rigs like the IC-746 and
IC-756 and what happened not all that long afterward!  OUCH!  I got burned, but
not too badly, on an IC-746.  I got a pretty good deal BUT!  Soon afterward the
price dropped even further and then the IC-746PRO came out and they started
"giving away" the power supply with a new rig.  What do you think is going to
happen to the 7800?    If something new comes out for the Orion it is simply a
matter of visiting RF Squared and downloading the latest update.  If something
new comes out for the 7800 it is simply a matter of visiting a dealer and
getting a 7800 PRO!
    I am quite pleased with my Orion!  Thanks Ten-Tec!  73, Bill
wa2pvk@msn.com

Please visit my home page:
http://mysite.verizon.net/wa2pvk