[TenTec] Jupiter/Orion on 60 Meters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter/Orion on 60 Meters
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 4 15:03:00 2003
According to the latest TenTec updates to include 60 will be posted before
July 3.

And let me add that for the time being at least, it would be by far the most
prudent course to set your transmit bandwidth at 2400 Hz, or less - put the
channels in memory 1400 Hz below the channel center frequency, and make sure
you
aren't putting more than 50 Watts into the feedline.

The Bureaucrats, we used to call 'em "wet blankets" back on the reservation,
in the NTIA are primarily responsible for the few and limited frequencies we
were allocated. The Callused Bottoms in Yaptown on the Potomac don't like the
FCC's allocating some of their frequencies to ham radio any more than we like
it when Uncle Charley allocates a part of a ham band to wind profiler radar.

So you can bet your last beaver hide the wet blankeys will be listening for
any discernable signal either above or below the assigned channel, any hint of
anything other than SSB, etc., etc..  So if you have a CW IDer turn it off
before you fire up on 60.

If we are good little boys and girls we can go back after  the dust settles
and ask for more frequencies and more modes. If not, the Bureaucrats will go
crying back to the FCC and say "We told you so, yank their priveleges."  So
let's all work together and win this thing.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E