[TenTec] FOR SALE:

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FOR SALE:
From: wb9iog@revealed.net (MIKE SOUHRADA)
Date: Wed Jun 4 16:39:44 2003
Steve Weber wrote:
> Mark and the group,
>
> Here is the lineage of the original omni series as I understand it:

Now I'm getting really confused.
The unofficial Ten Tec site does mention an Omni D 546 C. Must be an
error there.
I was the lister of  "Back in the Ten Tec family" I mentioned getting
a 546 C and then went for the Corsair II at the same time. Never did
that before!
Anyway, wanted to study the differences of the OMNI series and
downloaded the manual listed under 546 Omni D to see what changed.
I did get a manual but it just says OMNI ,the unit is clearly marked
546 C .
Looks like the right manual but I wonder?
Maybe we should be using model Numbers and not name designations?
Looks like the 545 series was a non WARC system
and the 546 series was. So the unofficial site lists:
545; 545B
546; 546B ; 546 C
That seems inconsistent with the statement that the 546 C is a completely
different unit?? What say?
I've not dug into the unit that much except to learn it does receive
and may need some PTO TLC but not much.
Mike
Iowa