[TenTec] FOR SALE:

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FOR SALE:
From: iawein2@cox.net (Irvin Weinman)
Date: Wed Jun 4 18:17:40 2003
May I clarify the genesis of the Omni line, based on my experience over the
years, when those rigs were new.  The original Omni-A and Omni-D did not
have the board which took the crystal ladder filters. They used only the
audio filters, very similar to the 540 and 544.They also had a squelch
control. Amid grumbling from owners that the new radios were not much
different from the 540 line, Ten Tec recalled the radios and installed the
I.F. filter boards free and removed the squelch controls. The modified rigs
were named Omin-A and Omni-D, series B. There are just a few of those
around. The Omni-A and Omni-D, series B were produced for quite a while.
Modification kits came out later which allowed conversion to  10 mhz
transmit and 24mhz transmit and receive.  The Omni-C was a separate
production. The Omni-C had the WARC band installed, but crystals for those
bands needed to be purchased separately, when WARC use was authorized. Irvin
W7GX