[TenTec] RX-340 and the hp GPS Freq Std.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RX-340 and the hp GPS Freq Std.
From: efricha@dimensional.com (Eric F. Richards)
Date: Thu Jun 12 11:53:53 2003
At 11:18 AM 6/12/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>[...]  Otherwise, I would have used Jim's idea for
>making the connection....which otherwise looks great.

His cable has the exact pinouts I used and are the right ones to use.

>   I opted not use headers as Dave, AD6A used in his on-line article.  I
> took the cheap and dirty route
>by soldering buss-bar wire links into the PC board holes.

I did the same.

>  I have the SatStat software which comes with the unit on a CD-ROM
> disk.  I am also assuming that no other changes are required on
>the RX-340?

Nope.  Just the cable from one to the other.

>   In other words the RX-340 is auto-detecting of the external 10 MHz time
> base?

It will autodetect, and can autodetect other reference clocks (5 and 1 MHz,
IIRC) as well.  Just put a cable between them.

I would suggest, though that you consider getting the GPSCON software.  I
couldn't get the SatStat software to work on Win2k.

Good luck with it!

--
Eric F. Richards
efricha@dimensional.com