[TenTec] Orion 1.346 and 60M

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 1.346 and 60M
From: ghoffman@spacetech.com (Gary Hoffman)
Date: Fri Jun 13 13:17:12 2003
Excellent Points.  I'm sure no one intended offense.

The subject IS very interesting.  I think we have all come to accept that
fact that much commercially available software is routinely released with
bugs.  That is not a good thing, or something to be proud of.  On the other
hand, it does happen, and any modern company has only limited resources to
apply to the problem.  If Ten-Tec had to release perfect code - desirable as
that may be - it is quite possible that we couldn't afford it.

So, we look for a reasonable balance.  The code ought to be pretty darn
good.  And, some problems will be found anyway.  Those problems have to be
addressed quickly.  But - the quicker the response we demand - the more
likely we are to introduce a new error.  So, it all comes down to that
reasonable balance.

I'm happy with Ten Tec compared to other firms.  Legendary customer support
is their best attribute, and goes a long way to offsetting the various
problems that do come up from time to time.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ