[TenTec] Scout Comments

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout Comments
From: jdanter@mail.i-america.net (jdanter)
Date: Sun Jun 15 18:54:12 2003
Picked up a Scout this weekend.
What a fun radio!
I especially like the variable IF bandwidth knob.
Negligible learning curve,
although the stereo phone jack was a surprise.
Came with a full set of modules and the noise blanker.

The only downside I have experienced was breaking the lever on a module.
Can the band module housing be purchased separately?

Seems to be the only weak point I have experienced so far.

Plan on using the Scout mobile and portable.
Seriously considering a Tarheel screwdriver ant.
An OP at work has one and it looks like a high quality mobile ant.

Are mobile brackets for the Scout still available from TT?

73 Jamie NE4TT

---
[Pre-scanned for viruses by Internet America.]