[TenTec] Scout Comments

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout Comments
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (Stuart Rohre)
Date: Mon Jun 16 16:21:03 2003
Check with Ten Tec on module front lever replacements.

To remove modules safely, I push on the radio panel, and gently pry the
lever with one finger.  The motion can be described as pushing the radio off
the module.  Works well for me, no problems in many years of owning a Scout.

The mobile bracket is easily made yourself.  Just a U shaped metal pan, with
holes drilled for the feet of the radio.  Or use a flat support hung from
the dash, and bungee cord the radio to it; or one on the transmission hump
angling the radio up to you.  Cover it with a towel the color of your seats
when parking the car to make the radio less conspicuous.
73,
Stuart K5KVH