[TenTec] Cybiko or other PDA as console for Pegasus/Jupiter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Cybiko or other PDA as console for Pegasus/Jupiter
From: w4chl@amsat.org (w4chl@amsat.org)
Date: Fri Jun 20 10:10:30 2003
Also, one of the kids in the Phillips ARC had an excellent idea last
month: how about programming these Cybiko PDAs that PARC members got last
year as rig controllers ? It would make a dandy instant on control for a
Pegasus, and for demos within the classroom where it will be sitting once
school starts.  Two of the Cybikos can be put to use. SMOP (simple matter
of programming). Look for our results over the coming year.

Has anyone else tried same, perhaps with a Palm as a much more common PDA
than the discontinued Cybikos. Cool factor among the teenagers is higher
with the Cybikos than the Palm or Handsprings.

We are inspired by Alex KR1ST (www.kr1st.com). Now the Jupiter front panel
does do what we are noting above COULD be programmed into a device working
with the Pegasus, but where would the programming challenge be to the kids
in PARC and local ham mentors ? And we haven't found any deals quite as
good on the Jupiter as we've had on a Pegasus.

Cheers & 73s de Mark W4CHL
Chapel Hill NC  USA   http://rtpnet.org/parc