[TenTec] RE: Pegasus, Jupiter or ICOM 706 MKII G?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Pegasus, Jupiter or ICOM 706 MKII G?
From: w4chl@amsat.org (w4chl@amsat.org)
Date: Fri Jun 20 10:10:59 2003
FWIW - we had a loaner Pegasus (and now have a new one) replacing an
IC-706 as the PARC station HF rig. Our plan is to make this remotely
accessible, a task that the IC-706 wasn't going to fulfill easily (see URL
below for details).  We found an excellent price on a Pegasus from a post
in this forum including a base mic and tuner. Sure beats eBay !  We did a
deal with the local club to allow them to place the IC-706 as part of
building an HF station at the County EOC.

So, though the IC-706 (and descendants) are nice, hot (literally) mobile
rigs, we find the Pegasus is VFB indeed as an HF station rig.

Cheers & 73s de Mark W4CHL  Phillips MS ARC
Chapel Hill NC  USA   http://rtpnet.org/parc