[TenTec] Argonaut V

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut V
From: k9ot@mhtc.net (Paul DeWitte K9OT)
Date: Wed Jul 2 01:42:27 2003
I think that from the comments that I have read on here that the Argonaut V
does not have an RF gain adjustment. Going on that assumption, there were
some comments about using  Orions at field day and the agc setting.
>From what I get out of it, you can use different agc settings and not have
to touch the rf gain and get somewhat the same results as turning the gain
back.
If this is correct I am wondering if the Argonaut V has the same or similar
agc variable settings as the Orion and so would not miss the rf gain. The rf
gain is one of the things that I use to get rid of some of the noise on 160
& 80M so I am sure that I would miss not having it.

Any comments on or off the reflector are welcome.

Thanks 73 Paul K9OT