[TenTec] Customer service

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Customer service
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (Stuart Rohre)
Date: Tue Jul 8 15:56:03 2003
Bob, most of us that I know always check stock availability with ALL vendors
these days!

Actually, last month I decided I wanted an Argo for Field Day.   I was
willing, indeed wanted, to save some money so ordered off the demo/used
list.   I did it by email to the web page, clearly stating I wanted the used
one as first priority; the demo, if the used one sold before my reply; and
that if neither was available I was to be contacted to evaluate if I wanted
to buy a new one.   I got a prompt confirmation by email that the used radio
was available and shipping the first work day after my weekend order.

Other orders I have placed with Ten Tec via sales or web page have also had
emails confirming status of the order.  Or, I placed the order by phone to a
live person.  Most posters to this reflector also report good customer
service.  Unfortunately, there are times when things do not go so well, and
we have heard about one.
73,
Stuart
K5KVH