[TenTec] Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Tue Jul 22 20:35:21 2003
John, N1JM,  wrote:

> The latest review in eham concerns me. I wondering if
> there are others  with a similar view.

The most recent eham review is dated 21 July,  by KD6WD.

I happen to agree with every thing he writes!  In particular,
that new things about the rig are learned each time I use
it;  have had mine since late May (though one trip back
to TT to have an "infant mortality" dealt with,  failure in
the DSP logic board).

I do not agree with the long list of negatives given by
WB4HUC in his review dated 23 June.  He is just a bit
too critical,  and he has returned the radio to Ten Tec.
His sentence,  "My Orion had eight or ten things about it that
just weren't right, and each time I sat down to use it I'd just
get irritated. Not good for a radio that costs as much as the Orion."

He really does not specify what these 10 things were,  but he
obviosly did not like the continuing firmware updates,  nor
problems he must have had downloading/installing same.
It is well he returned it as it "irritated" and frustrated him in
use.

But,  not me!!

73,  Jim  KH7M