[TenTec] Orion Questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Questions
From: rhiggins1@cfl.rr.com (Robert Higgins)
Date: Thu Jul 24 22:45:17 2003
Thinking seriously about an Orion and want to pick the collective brain of this
reflector. You may be hearing more from me as time goes along. Anyway, for
starters, is the optional antenna tuner a "memory" tuner, or do you have to
tune every time you change bands, or go from low in the cw portion to high in
the phone portion of the same band? Also, does the optional antenna tuner work
only with antenna "A"? I currently have a Mark V and its auto tuner has memory,
so it returns to the tuned setting when I change bands. It also tunes both the
A and B antennas. So if I start on 40 meter cw on antenna A the tuner adjusts
to the memory setting for that frequency and antenna. If I then switch to 20
meter phone on antenna B, the tuner recalls the setting for that frequency on
that antenna and I'm ready to transmit without retuning. Does the Orion operate
differently?

Tnx es 73
Bob K4LW