[TenTec] Need Amplifier advice please.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Need Amplifier advice please.
From: kd7efq62@hotmail.com (M.Todd Miskel)
Date: Sat Jul 26 08:26:41 2003
Hi Gang, I currently own a Centurion amp with brand new tubes in mint shape.
I am considering buying the Titan 425 gold edition #49 advertised earlier on
here. I've weighed the pro's and cons of both, but still can't decide. I
know the 3cx800 tubes are expensive and scarce, and that some parts such as
the plate current meter are no longer available. However, I like the lower
drive requirement and legal limit power of the 425 gold. Also the 425 is
somewhat of a collector's item. The centurion is still produced, 3-500zg's
are still inexpensive, and it is a forgiving amp, but it takes 100w drive
for 1200 watts.

I'd like some input as to which one to go with as I can't have both, Hi Hi.
73, Todd-KD7EFQ