[TenTec] ORION Returns

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION Returns
From: tom@n4zpt.org (Tom Azlin, N4ZPT)
Date: Sat Aug 2 10:10:37 2003
Hi Todd,

My new Orion just arrived and the only thing unfinished about it seems to
be the logging programs have not yet included the rig's serial port command
set.  Nor have the various digital mode programs that offer rig control.
The black screen with white letters/numbers seems to work fine.  And I have
the spectrum display turned off.  But it is nice to know that I can upload
a new software pack when it comes out. My new FT-897 I have to send back to
Yaesu to get it fixed (different price class and reason for owning).

I have it setting next to my FT-1000MP Mk V and think I will end up selling
the Mark V which does not yet have the key clicks mod. And I am looking
forward to getting to read the ARRL test report for the Orion.  And next
year's 7800. But given the Orion is here now and the 7800 sometime next
year, perhaps the other Gentleman should keep the Orion for a year then we
how the two compare side by side!

73, Tom Azlin n4zpt