[TenTec] ORION Returns

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION Returns
From: a3nc@trgjax.com (a3nc@trgjax)
Date: Sat Aug 2 17:56:02 2003
Hi Todd,

Your concerns are well founded, albeit unpopular among this group.  I have
owned an Orion and returned mine because it suffered a catastrophic failure
within 26 hours of possession.  TENTEC did not offer to cross ship a
replacement to me otherwise I would still be the proud owner of an Orion.  I
ordered mine in late Sept. and was misled times too numerous to count into
believing it would be delivered before Thanksgiving 2002, then Xmas then
January.  I finally quit asking when.  Well, it didn't arrive until June 16
and then totally failed.  I have owned many pieces of TENTEC gear and
currently am waiting for a mint CorsairII to arrive.  In many ways I highly
recommend the TENTEC brand.  If your expecting a completely finished ORION
radio now, right now; FORGET IT.  However who else do you know will let you
order a $3500.00 radio and return it within 30 days for a full refund.  The
Orion will be a great radio and worth the money WHEN ITS' FINISHED.  If your
willing to put up with the annoyances go for it.  If your expecting a near
perfect complete radio, save yourself the frustration.  TENTEC could polish
their sales & marketing skills but for my money they still shine brightly.
BUY AMERICAN OR YOU SEND YOUR DOLLARS OVERSEAS!  73's Michael