[TenTec] 509 PTO how hard to rebuild is it?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 509 PTO how hard to rebuild is it?
From: wb2vuf@qsl.net (Bwana Bob)
Date: Tue Aug 19 22:34:08 2003
Ronnie:
Its not hard to rebuild. It takes about one evening. You need to use the
right kind of grease. Keep WD-40 away from it. I tried brake caliper
slide grease, but it didn't like that. Also tried a light mil spec
synthetic grease with teflon. This reduced friction too much and caused
the ball bearing drive to slip. Finally used the green Ten Tec grease
that came with the rebuild kit. That worked fine. I did the job last
week and now my Corsair is a joy to operate again.

                73,

                Bob WB2VUF