[TenTec] Amp question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Amp question
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:16:20 +0000
Hi Bob,

I'm curious about what mode you are operating where you drive the amp to get 275 watts out. I'm guessing it must be either cw or AM with a carrier? anyway, as Jerry said, just tune it for max output--I find the LED bar real handy for this, and I also suggest forgetting about the tune button and instead, put the exciter on cw and tune for max output while giving the amp about 30-50 watts of dahs from the exciter. if you want to really fine tune it (the tune cap -- load isn't as touchy) give it a few single widely spaced dahs to touch it up. you can't do it this way with an electromechanical meter--it's not fast enough but the leds work great.
73,
Rob
K5UJ