Re: [TenTec] Future Thoughts

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Future Thoughts
From: "Ron Notarius WN3VAW" <wn3vaw@fyi.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 21:44:29 -0400
John,

I've heard that too.  I wonder what they mean by "contest standards?"  I've
been told by some of the same people that a TS-140S is not competitive in
today's contest environment, but I've done quite well with mine.

Be so as it may, let us not forget that the Jupiter preceeded the Argonaut V
in production, so it's not surprising that the Argonaut has some
improvements.  I would hope that the next iteration of the Jupiter (no, I'm
not attaching the obvious number, not after all the "Lost In Space" jokes I
made at the time I learned it wouldn't be called the Pegasus FP any more)
would incorporate those improvements.

I have heard privately from a number of people who like the idea of a 100 W
version of the Argonaut, especially if it can maintain the same size
package, give or take a heat sink, as a mobile or highly portable rig.  The
question remains as to whether or not there's enough of a market for such a
rig to make it's production worthwhile to Ten Tec, and while you & I can
speculate, I don't know the answer to that one.

73, ron wn3vaw

"I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.
His hair was... perfect."
-- "Werewolves of London", Warron Zevon SK 8 Sept 2003