Re: [TenTec] Curiosity Question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Curiosity Question
From: "J. W. (Dub) Thornton" <dub@oklahoma.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 08:48:18 -0500
Dan: The bandswitch knob on my Corsair II split around the shaft, back in the
late 80's. I removed the knob, and filled the empty space surrounding the thin
wall that surrounds the shaft with epoxy. There has been no sign of any looseness
of that knob since the fix. I remember making the fix, but cannot actually recall
whether the setscrew had to be protected from the epoxy seizing up on it or not.
It appears that the setscrew is drilled thru a wall, that would keep it from being
exposed to the epoxy at all, but I can't tell on mine now, due to the epoxy totally
sealing off the empty voids of the knob. You should be able to readily see whether
the set-screw is going to be in harms way from the epoxy, and if so, remove the
set-screw, coat it with grease, and keep it turned often, as the epoxy sets up.

Luck with it!

"73" Dub