Re: [TenTec] Using Omni VI+ woth MMTTY on FSK - final report

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Using Omni VI+ woth MMTTY on FSK - final report
From: "J. D. Beischel" <duffyb01@fuse.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:15:38 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
I may have mentioned this before, but Donner Digital Interfaces  (
http://home.att.net/~n8st/ ) still uses an opto interface to key the radio.
They make a quality product for about any radio for only $40 - built.  I
have three of them now, and have used them with the Omni 6+, Jupiter,
Argonaut V, TS-2000, Kenwood TS-690S, Patcomm PC-500 and have used their
hard keying interface on all QRP rigs that I have including the Argo.  I
have had absolutely no problems with these interfaces with any of the radios
mentioned.

Buck may have swapped out the Opto for an FET because some of the postal
scanning systems implemented after the terrorist attack were destroying the
Opto.  This happened to Donner and I think they now ship via UPS to prevent
the problem.  Buck may have switched components to prevent the situation
from happening - I don't know.

If you are looking for a good interface, good support, and need an interface
 then consider ordering from Donner.

I am not affliated with Donner - just a customer.

Duffy
www.wb8nut.com