[TenTec] Delta 580 Problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Delta 580 Problem
From: Anthony Luscre K8ZT <aluscre@neo.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 19:30:30 -0400
I have a backup rig Delta 580 that had been used at field day. Last week was first time I fired it up since FD. Audio output was very low. Background noise was almost the same with or with out antenna coax attached ( I checked the Transmit/Recieve switch and attenuator switch on back panel. Power output barely moved my watt meter. Opened the case and tried jumpering from antenna connector to various points further down the receive change brought volume back to normal. Working back ward I found the problem is located very near antenna input. I suspect the two switching diodes. I do not have a schematic. So three questions for experts out there:
1. Does it sound like I'm on right track?
2. What type of diodes are listed in the schematic (1N4148 ?)
3. Is there an easy way to remove the board ( the band change switch extends through that section)

jmerrill1@adelphia.net wrote:

Is it still on 7.251 and when does it start?

Anthony A. Luscre K8ZT Stow, Ohio |--------------------------|
Visit My Website at
http://www.qsl.net/k8zt