[TenTec] OMNI VI+ Attributes

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ Attributes
From: John Rippey <w3uls@3n.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 14:03:46 -0400
I agree with several previous posters re the OMNI VI's attributes. For a CW receiver, it's hard to beat. The IC-746PRO is also excellent, but it doesn't have stuff CW ops want to have at hand. Also very good are the FT-1000MPs, but Yaesu's crude implementation of audio DSP leaves me cold. Still, a new Mark V Field with dual receive, built-in tuner and PS sells for $1,730 shipped. That's tough competition in any league.

The Orion I am afraid is out of my price range, one reason I did not go to the Ten-Tec hamfest. Why place yourself in temptation's way? The revised manual is a humungous improvement over the original.

73,
John, W3ULS