Re: [TenTec] Re: Rudimentary SWR question...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: Rudimentary SWR question...
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:47:47 -0400
By the way this is my 30 year as an electrical engineer. I got my ticket in 1961.
The problem is many people have simply have stopped asking the questions of why and how things work. They have a great deal of experience but sometimes little real understanding. Too much is lost by just doing the math and solving the equations. Frequently people know the math but don't understand what it really means.
Start thinking folks and asking questions and looking for the answers. This issue came up when a student of mine asked a very simple question. That was "Why is a half wave dipole a half wavelength long?". To you it may seem to be a stupid question but it is one that should make you think.

73
Bill wa4lav