Re: [TenTec] RE: BPL in Manassas VA.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RE: BPL in Manassas VA.
From: Ynkedragon@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:42:19 EDT
In a message dated 10/20/2003 21:25:33 Eastern Daylight Time, KD7EFQ@aol.com
writes:

<< All I can say is if there are ANY Amateurs in the Manassas, VA. area,
 PLEASE scan around the HF bands, and if you encounter any interference by
BPL,
 send a letter of complaint immediately to Riley Hollingsworth. We need to
jump
 on this as quickly as possible to counter the claims of no interference by
 the BPL companies. >>

I'm kind of on the front line of BPL living in eastern PA (PPL territory)
where systems have been installed in Emmaus, PA, Whitehall Township (north of
Allentown, PA) with BPL now being installed in Hanover Township (north of
Bethlehem, PA) where I live.

I would reiterate Todd's (KD7EFQ) comments about complaints to the FCC, but
would suggest that you copy both the utility and the municipality with all
complaints.

Why the municipality, too?  Cause the local government authorized the
installation and they should be aware that they have unhappy taxpayers/voters!
Also,
when a local government is considering something new, like BPL, they look to
other local governments for guidance and experience.  If the installation of
BPL in Town #1 brings about a firestorm of complaints and protests (maybe even
lawsuits) Town #2 may think long and hard before authorizing the installation.

Sorry for the OT comment folks, but BPL has the potential to influence all of
us who communicate on HF using radio.

73, Blair K3yd