Re: [TenTec] audio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] audio
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:31:36 -0500
George,

> One would expect that, as a software-defined radio, the functions of the
> ORION ACCY pins would be determined by the control program. In that way,
> given the proper menu provisions, the operator could define the pin
> functions as needed for a specific application.

Yes, that's what I expected, and especially since the radio gives you
overkill in being able to route the audio to the headphones and speaker. For
example, for SSTV operation, it would be nice to set up a filter to pass
only the SSTV tones (from one receiver) to the computer, but route the full
audio spectrum (from the other) to the speaker for listening to the ops
between pics.

But that's definitely not what I found. When I mentioned this to TT, the
reply was that the hardware to control the routing of audio to the ACCY jack
isn't there.

Mark