Re: [TenTec] Heil HC-4 and Orion

To: wg6h@pacbell.net, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Heil HC-4 and Orion
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 22:28:14 +0000
ON4UN and I did some on-air speech processing comparing and found there's no
appreciable audio distortion even when the Orion's RF SP is set very high. John
says he runs his around 5, my audiophile friend across town tells me background
noise from my rather noisy shack becomes audible in the 4-5 range but there's
no distortion or deterioration of voice quality even at 10.

And yes, the Heil HC4 and HC5 elements have comparitively low output. I
generally have to go to 80 or so for full output.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E