[TenTec] Problem w/Omni VI and INRAD filter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Problem w/Omni VI and INRAD filter
From: "Joel Mele" <jmele@always-online.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:02:59 -0500
I installed the INRAD 9MZz & 6MHz filters (754 &755) in my Omni VI +  about two
years ago.  They performed well.

Recently some one complained that I had carrier on my sig.

When I put the Omni V! on my spectrum Analyzer (IFR 1200S), I noticed a
substantial amount of carrier (abt 12W)  After adjusting R3 & R4 on TX Audio
Board I was able to null carrier.

However, there still seemed to be a higher than normal residual carrier (appx
50 mw).

When the Omni VI was connected to my amplifier, I could measure appx 1.5 to 2 W
of carrier on USB & .5 to 1 W on LSB.  In addition, these reading were unstable.

When I switch from the tune posirion to USB or LSB I measure 4-5 watts of
residual carrier which gradually decreases to 1 - 2 watts.

When the rig is turned on from a "cold start" with the amp in line I measure 10
-0 12 watts of carrier which gradually decreases to app 4 W.

When I install the original TT 9 MHz filter in the Omni, all the stated
problems "go away."

TT thinks there is a problem w/INRAD filter & George from INRAD thinks that
there is a problem w/ the Omni VI +.

Again, Omni works fine w/original TT 9 Mhz filter

Does any one have any ideas or comments.

TNX..Joel W4SLH