Re: [TenTec] Re: Orion IP2 numbers

To: <Rick@dj0ip.de>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: Orion IP2 numbers
From: "Paul" <gw7lhi@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 23:26:49 -0000
From: "Rick Westerman" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 12:16 PM

> Gentlemen,
>
> Living in Europe, we MUST consider IP2.  If I try to run my
> IC-706 on a decent wire antenna at night, I get nothing but
> broadcast signals, at least one every 5 kHz.  And they can be 20
> over 9!  This is a far more serious problem than most stateside
> hams can even imagine.  I solve this problem with my 706 by
> placing a small 14 MHz Dunestar bandpass filter in the antenna
> line.  Twenty meters is really the only band that gets hit this
> hard and I imagine, as someone pointed out, it due to the mixing
> of broadcast signals at 6 and 8 MHz, and the lack of decent
> front-end filters in the 706.
>
> Ten-Tec would like to get back into the European market and the
> Europeans are anxious to have them back.
>
> I am anxiously awaiting clarity on this point.
>
> 73
> Rick

Rick..

In the current RadCom ( RSGB Journal ) on page 37 there is a UK Ten-Tec
importer advertising.
They are preparing to begin Orion imports, and have the Jupiter available.

See http://www.aoruk.com/tentec

The above advert is placed just after the Jupiter review.. Peter Hart liked
it.

Cheers!

Paul MW0CDO.