[TenTec] Orion --- K2

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion --- K2
From: "Paul" <pfb@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:51:25 -0500
The K2 is a small rig with menu-driven adjustments (to keep the
size down) and the ORION is a full size rig which is much easier
to use than the K2.  I can hardly perceive of anyone seriously
contemplating to buy either a K2 or an Orion.

Instead, I imagine contemplating whether to buy an IC-706 or a K2
and a totally different group contemplating whether to buy an
Orion or an FT-1000xx.

The serious ham will have both. (meaning Orion and K2)

Let's not forget that you have to build the K2 and that it's a
bit cumbersome to operate, and the ORION, for all its greatness,
is simply EXPENSIVE.

The assumptions you make are NOT SO ---- the choice is only Orion or K2 and it
is a tough decision.  They are both "big" rigs.  One is simple in a more
compact case. Nothing cumbersome or hard to figure out about the menu - simple,
quick to master and fast to change.

There is not a K2 purchaser that would ever consider a 706 as anything of an
alternative to a K2 - the only alternative to a K2 user is a "Tentec".  Again
..... comparisons can only be meaningful on current production runs to current
production runs.  NOT an "obsolete" version to "current" production version.

Paul
K8QT