RE: [TenTec] Orion freezes due to RFI??

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Orion freezes due to RFI??
From: "Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:03:47 -0500
Craig,

I believe RFI succeptibility is a distinct possibility. I've seen some
pretty strange behavior in both a multi-multi and SO2R contest configuration
(two different QTHs.) In my system, I put a torroid choke and snap choke on
the Orion's 12VDC power line, and snap chokes on the band data and RS-232
lines. I still saw some strange states that I believe were RFI- generated. I
think it would help greatly if Ten Tec would investigate these problems and
make some recommendations about shielding and RFI suppression.

That said, I also believe some of the anomolies are caused by the sweep
code. I keep mine turned off all the time.

73, Dick WC1M