Re: [TenTec] FS: T-4 Line Isolater

To: William Robinson <nw4p@earthlink.net>, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FS: T-4 Line Isolater
From: "Michael Melland, W9WIS" <w9wis@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:37:19 -0600
When I was having RF problems with my Jupiter and Herc II... I used three of
these. One between amp and rig, amp and tuner as well as the T4G grounded
version at the antenna and saw no difference (other then a slight swr
change) or improvement.

Not that these don't help prevent RF traveling back on the coax shield. I
know they work, and work well.... but they aren't a cure-all depending on
just what is causing the problem.  Mine was RF getting into the TX EN line
and not coax related....

I found tracking RFI can be frustrating and fairly expensive.  Personally
I'd try the cheap fix's dealing with RF perhaps getting into the
interconnecting wiring first.... then move to one or more of these next.

Mike