Re: [TenTec] Jupiter mobile ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter mobile ?
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:48:09 -0500
John,

This may be something to think about.  I have been operating my Pegasus in
EBM (exercise bike mobile) mode to try and keep in shape and build my CW
skills.  So far, I'm only receiving.  Anyways, the other day, I tried
placing the Pegasus remote tuning pod on the book rack (holds a book or
magazine so you can read while working out) on the front of the exercise
bike.  The vibration from pedalling kept caused the encoder to move and
shift the frequency.  I'm pretty sure that the encoder in the remote tuning
pod is the same as the one in the Jupiter and I'm sure that the vibration
while mobile would be greater than on my exercise bike. I do keep the drag
pretty low on the pod. Maybe with more drag it would not shift.

73,
Mark