[TenTec] E-HAM Reviews

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] E-HAM Reviews
From: KD7EFQ@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:50:39 -0500
Hello all, regarding the re-posting of the e-ham reviews on here, Although it
gives a general guideline as to who has had problems with what model, and a
GENERAL feeling for a particular rig, I would by no means base my entire
opinion / decision upon a rig solely upon them. First of all the JA rigs are
going to look higher simply because of larger market share. When you have 8-10
or more chain stores and dealerships dealing only the "BIG" 3 or 4 names, and
not stocking a Ten Tec next to them, the Ten Tec will probably not cross
peoples minds and go totally unconsidered. Since Ten Tec is factory direct,
Chain stores & dealerships have no commission to make and of course aren't
going to push the rigs they won't make money off of, regardless if it's a
performer or not.

 Second, You never know the E-Ham posters situation. He may have just upgraded
from a 10 year old or low price range rig to a fair midrange new rig and he can
be so caught up in excitement, he makes it sound like he just got a "BABY
ORION".

I prefer comments from long time well known contesters, People with EE degrees,
and Old Timers, over a fluff piece on E-ham anyday. 73.