Re: [TenTec] Argonaut 505 - The Answer

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut 505 - The Answer
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 14:39:50 -0500
Good job. I considered that but it is so unusual to have a strong enough field to produce noticable change in the permiability of a powdered core. An interesting experiment would be to rotate the receiver carefully and see if the earth's field shifts the frequency. It should have the same effect on receive as transmit in this case. Just tune in a strong carrier and rotate the radio carefully.

73
Bill wa4lav