RE: [TenTec] Re: Orion PTT/QSK

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Re: Orion PTT/QSK
From: "John T. Fleming" <W3GQJ@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:57:44 -0500
Happy New Year all!

Here is something I would like to see repaired but maybe it is very far down
on the list.

I operate SSB a lot.  I also use the sweep.  When I am on SSB, the only way
I get a correct display of the received signal is by switching the mode to
AM.  When set to USB, LSB, UCW, or LCW, the signal is always on the wrong
side of "0" which must be the offset for the signal to pass through the
internal filters.  It would seem to me that logic needs to be added on the
display to adjust the display for the offset.  It is really noticeable when
a lower value is used for the sweep.

I don't consider this "RIPPING" into Ten-Tec, but I am wondering is others
are noticing the same effect.  Also it is a change of subject.

73,
John