[TenTec] Re: [jupiter538] Re: IF Gain Adjustment - Reasons to becautious

To: <jupiter538@yahoogroups.com>, <rx350@yahoogroups.com>,<tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: [jupiter538] Re: IF Gain Adjustment - Reasons to becautious
From: "Dudley Hurry" <jhurry@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:01:44 -0600
Duane,

I did perform the mod to my Jupiter, while before it performed just below the
ICOM 756ProII as far as sensitivity prior to the change, now it performs better
than the ProII and has less strong signal overload than the Pro.   Also the AGC
action is much improved than before the change.   Other than having to use the
ATTN as I would a pre-amp, the radio is much improved..

My observations only, your mileage may vary..

Thanks and 73's,
Dudley
WA5QPZ
jhurry@austin.rr.com