[TenTec] Sloper

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Sloper
From: KMerzel@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 09:59:38 EST
Hello All:

Thank you all for the feedback regarding the sloper.  My lot size is
approximately 50 x 230 with a few trees in back so my main antennas to date
have been
verticals. I felt like experimenting with the sloper for the low bands but the
reviews left me in doubt. A dipole is not out but the trees would interfere a
bit.

Life is a compromise and the same can be said for an antenna. Yes, getting on
80 and above is a lot easier than 160. I have never worked the top band
before. I am not concerned with pile up busting capabilities. A casual qso
would be
fine with me.

Currently I am using a Cushcraft R-5    with good results. My main antenna
was a Gap Titan Dx. It is temporarily out for repairs. The gap is a good
antenna
but it does
have its peculiarities. Thank you again for all the information.

                                 Ken