Re: [TenTec] Not TT - Wire antenna question.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Not TT - Wire antenna question.
From: "holladayfd" <holladayfd@multipro.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:06:14 -0600
Paul,
I have used the same basic set-up here with very good results.  There were
two changes however which I found necessary.  First, winding RG-58 on a
small diameter core will work for a few days but after a short time, the
center conductor will distort the poly insulation and change both impedence
and capacitance of the coax.  It would be better to use a few turns on a
poly form of about 4 inch diameter.  Actually, for multiband use, ladder
line of either 300 or 450 ohm impedence would be much better and easier to
match.  Try WWW.cebik.com for more info.
73,
Frank, K4VMO