Re: [TenTec] Orion Synthesizer speed

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Synthesizer speed
From: "Jim Reid" <jimr.reid@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:46:03 -1000
Bob, 5B4AGN, wrote,  in part:

> I guess you guys missed my post on this at the end of
> December.  I spoke to Ten Tec about the jerky synthesiser
> response; they confirmed it to be nothing to do with slow
> locking of the synthesiser, whether in the  interests of low
> noise or anything else.  The effect is caused by the
> speed with which the control microprocessor can
> execute instructions.

Ok,  Bob,  guess I missed your earlier post.  Hope TT can come up
with a "replacement" processor then for all these overhead
functions.  Maybe have to be a board swap with the factory?
Or maybe,  just live with it until Orion II,  hi.  Not a big deal
for me anyway.

Last band sweep display I had which really worked well
was about 12 years ago:  a Kenwood TS-950SDX with the
external "pan" scope;  always centered on your main tune
frequency,  and the sub rcvr tune, was a bright dot on the
display baseline.  That was very useful!!

73,  Jim  KH7M