[TenTec] Buying a New Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Buying a New Orion
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 07:01:23 -0500
WB8YQJ/6:
> What's your Orion worth two years down the line?

NQ5T:
>What's your PRO worth two years down the line?

Grant, maybe the question should have been:

"What was your PRO worth the day the PRO2 came out?"

...or:

"What's your PRO2 worth the day the PRO3 comes out?"

        My Orion's firmware will be completely up to date
in two years...or 10 years for that matter.  Orion's
receiver performance is already better than anything else
and that is unlikely to change (IC-7800 included) unless
competitors go to a different front-end design.

73, Bill W4ZV

P.S.  Some BIG improvements coming in Orion very soon, I
wonder if Don can say the same for his radio?