Re: [TenTec] Quieting fan

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Quieting fan
From: "Dave Edwards" <kd2e@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:04:22 -0500
Yikes!!!   A poison tube???
Spewing out toxic RF??
Actually, it was the heat sink conduit...a Beryllium block that is toxic if
shaved, sanded, or otherwise "messed" with.
The HA14 (Compact Kilowatt) is an SB200 with an external power supply. It is
small!!
Also quiet because of no fan. The difference between the HA14 and the SB230
is that the 230
had a quiet system of cooling. The HA14 had no cooling.  It gets pretty hot,
and should have a 8 or 9 watt fan on top of it. The HA14's filaments are in
series vs parallel for the SB200.
Both amps work great. I wish the idea behind the SB230 could have been
pursued. I don't think it is impossible to have silent operating amps.
...Dave