Re: [TenTec] Buying a New Orion?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Buying a New Orion?
From: Carter Grabarczyk <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:56:54 -0500
Don Rasmussen wrote:

The goal should be 756Pro class performance, mine hasn't needed a
power reset in the two years I've owned it, nor have I ever pressed a
button that put it into an "unwelcome state".

I hope you won't consider me to be a member of the wild-eyed orange dot cult, but aren't you comparing apples to oranges?

It seems that the Orion is *much* more "software intensive" than the Pro, Pro 2, Pro whatever, so one might expect more resets.

(...not to mention that I would rather download [free] software upgrade(s) rather than having to buy an entire new Pro x.x radio)

73/Carter/K8VT