Re: [TenTec] Orion and PSK - duplicate PSK signal

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion and PSK - duplicate PSK signal
From: Rod Hotz <42hotrodz@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 07:11:55 -0800 (PST)
Scott:

Seeing this brings to mind something I've been wanting to ask you. I'm about to
try my Argo V on PSK31. Would I be wise to use one of the N8ST interfaces
between the Argo and my Dell notebook? This is all new territory, which is why
I'm asking you. Almost feel like I did back in 1955 as KN5BGB!

Thanks pal...73,

Rod

P.S. Great photo of you, Larry and the others in that ad! Larry looks just like
he sounds over the telephone. Tell him what I said...

"Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales" <sales@tentec.com> wrote:
At 05:33 PM 1/19/04 -0500, you wrote:

> > Once I set the Audio to Left>Main, there was no need for any additional
> > attenuation and everything looks fine.
>
>This is one of my beefs with the Orion. The radio has extensive audio
>routing options for the audio from either receiver to the headphones or
>speaker, but there way to select which audio goes to the AUX jack pins
>(there are 2) on the back and the audio to either of those pins is not
>intuitively related to the front panel audio routing. You would think that
>TT would provide audio routing options for the AUX jack, but from what I've
>been told there is no hardware to provide that routing. Sounds like a
>pretty major oversight in a TOL rig.

Mark:

I'm confused - the AUX I/O outputs left and right are the same
as selected with the AUDIO menu. Whatever you select on the
audio menu for Left: and Right: appear at the AUX output left
side on pin 4, right side on pin 6, just as they appear through the
headphones. Did I miss something here (not being sarcastic)?
What did you find not intuitive about this?

Scott Robbins, W4PA

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4. Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs. Visit us at
Email: New product sales/product info sales@tentec.com
Service department service@tentec.com
While we make every effort to answer email in an expedient manner,
the telephone is a much more efficient tool for getting a quicker and
more complete answer to your inquiries. Thanks!